Finding the right glue for Styrofoam is never easy as it is important not to use an adhesive that will damage the material.
The most common applications are to the following:
The short answer to the question is that the best glue for this task is Uhu Por Styrofoam Glue.
How do you glue plastic to styrofoam?
To create a bond with plastic the best idea is to use a glue gun. If you need help choosing a good glue gun we recommend these five models.
- Set the glue gun to it’s lowest setting
- Apply to the area you want to bond
- Weight down the surfaces together for around 10-15 minutes
How do you glue fabric to styrofoam?
This requires a glue that will not damage either the fabric or the styrofoam. You also want something that is going to be durable.
Use a glue that has been designed for styrofoam or a low melt glue gun.
- Don’t expect this combination to be able to hold a large weight or pressure.
- Ensure the glue you use doesn’t contain solvents (this will damage the surface).
- Always apply hot glues to the fabric surface initially.
Can Gorilla or Super Glues be used?
Because these glues can be quite brittle it is possible they will have issues, some hobbyists have found success with Gorilla glue. Ideally though use a glue that is designed specifically for the task.
Surface preparation is always important. Sometimes it can help to lightly sand the surfaces that you are wanting to join together to create a better bond.
Cleanliness is also paramount, try to get both sides of the join as clean and dry as possible.
If you have any more questions around glueing any types of surfaces together please get in touch via our contact page.